Do the following to configure a Micasense RedEdge
multispectral camera in a Tuffwing UAV Mapper.
- Solder a servo plug to the 3 pin DF13 cable that is included with
the RedEdge. Red to red, black to black, white to white.
- Connect the 3 pin DF12 to any open AUX Port on the back of
your Pixhawk. You will need to provide 5 volts to the back of
the Pixhawk. The 5 amp BEC on the
Plush40 ESC has been tested.
- Connect an external GPS to the RedEdge's
GPS port using a 6
pin DF13 connector. The RedEdge uses a "3DR" style connector but
you can fit a Chinese 6 pin connector.
- Power up the RedEdge by plugging the servo cable into a 5 volt UBEC or ESC.
The RedEdge will create a WiFi access point. Connect to
rededge########. Password is micasense.
Start your web browser and go to
- Select the Settings tab and configure your
RedEdge as shown and Save.
Configure your Pixhawk
Set the following parameters on your Pixhawk.
RELAY_PIN 51 You can use any available Relay
Pins 50 to 55. This where you will connect the RedEdge to the Pixhawk.
Right-click on the map and select Trigger
Camera NOW. If everything is setup correctly your Pixhawk
will trigger the Canon camera to take a picture and is capable of
triggering pictures using GPS distance.
- Read Best practices: Collecting Data with MicaSense RedEdge and Parrot Sequoia.
Start Mission Planner > Flight Plan
- On the Simple tab select:
- Camera: RedEdge
- Altitude (m): 100
- Camera top facing forward
- On the Grid Options tab set:
- Both Overshoot [m]: 70
- LeadIn [m]: 70
- Overlap% [m]: 70
- Sidelap% [m]: 70
- Set Min Lane separation to 1