Do the following to connect your Sony Nex (5, 5N, 5T,)
to a Pixhawk with an infrared trigger cable and trigger the camera based
on GPS distance. Two different IR triggers with different settings have
been sold at Tuffwing.
Instructions for both below.
Configure your Pixhawk
Connect to your Pixhawk with Mission Planner and go to
Initial Setup > Camera Gimbal and set the following:
- Settings for X-cam Tech IR trigger (green circuit board).
- Settings for sLED IR trigger (red circuit board).
- Note the
- + S when connecting the servo cable.
On JR/Spektum style cables orange is S, on Futaba
style cables S is white.
- Note location of RC ports.
- Connect the servo cable to the RC channel you selected and the
- Make sure there's a clear line between IR LED and IR receiver.
Do not place IR LED closer than 13mm to the IR receiver.
- Align the IR LED and IR receiver. Glue IR LED circuit board to
camera mount with hot glue.
- On your camera go to Menu > Camera > Drive Mode
and select Remote Cdr.
- Go to the FLIGHT DATA screen in Mission
Planner. Right-click on the map and select Trigger Camera
NOW. If everything is setup correctly your Pixhawk will
trigger the camera and it is capable of triggering pictures using