Do the following to connect your Sony Nex (5, 5N, 5T,)
to a Pixhawk with an infrared trigger cable and trigger the camera based
on GPS distance.
Sony IR trigger cable
Trigger your Sony Nex 5 or a6000. Also includes 15cm male to male servo cable
to connect to your Pixhawk.
Configure your Pixhawk
- Connect to your Pixhawk with Mission Planner and go to Initial Setup > Camera Gimbal and set the following:
- Note the
- + S when connecting the servo cable.
On JR/Spektum style cables orange is S, on Futaba
style cables S is white.
- Note location of RC ports.
- Connect the servo cable to the RC channel you selected and the IR trigger
- Make sure there's a clear line between IR LED and IR receiver. Do not place IR LED closer than 13mm to the IR receiver.
- Align the IR LED and IR receiver. Glue IR LED circuit board to camera mount with hot glue.
- On your camera go to Menu > Camera > Drive Mode and select Remote Cdr.
- Go to the FLIGHT DATA screen in Mission
Planner. Right-click on the map and select Trigger Camera
NOW. If everything is setup correctly your Pixhawk will
trigger the camera and it is capable of triggering pictures using