The Tuffwing/Reach hot shoe cable connects
to your camera's hot shoe, powers your Reach rover, and adds time
marks to your Reach event files. The time marks can be converted into geotags for creating precise maps.
- Plug the male servo lead into any open port on your Pixhawk.
The cable is for 5 volt power only. No communication occurs
between the Pixhawk and the Reach. Alternatively, you can
power your Reach with a 5 volt UBEC.
- Plug the hot shoe cable into your camera's hot shoe.
You can use this hot shoe adapter if you have a Sony Nex 5 camera.
- Plug the DF13 cable into the connector on the opposite side of the micro USB connector.
- Set the antenna on a ground plane as close to the camera
lens as possible.
- No further configuration for the Reach hot shoe cable is required. Your camera will
automatically trigger the hot shoe and the your Reach will automatically record events.
- The DF13 connectors on the Reach are easy to break. Plug your hot shoe cable in once. Disconnect using
- The hot shoe cable is compatible with all "Standard"