Do the following in sequence to build your UAV Mapper airframe.
- Kit contents
- Building materials
- Glue spar tips
- Install the control horns
- Install the quick connects
- Install the winglets
- Install the motor mount
- Install the airspeed pitot tube mount
- Install the Velcro
- EPP wing set and body
- 1/8” ply motor mount set
- 1/8" ply airspeed sensor mount with zip ties
- Control horns (2)
- 10mm x 31” carbon fiber tube - center wing spar (1)
- 10mm x 28” carbon fiber tube – leading edge wing spars (2)
- Control rod with Z bend (2)
- Control rod quick connect (2)
- 3/32" Imperial hex key for quick connect
- Velcro set
- 3mm x 8mm motor mount screws (4)
- Servo extensions
- Hot glue.
- Medium CA. Foam safe NOT required.
- CA activator
Use CA to glue the center spar tips to the spar.
- Drip medium CA into the control horn gap.
- Quickly press the control horn into the gap.
- Spray with CA accelerator.
- Do both sides.
- Insert the pushrod quick connect on the tip side of the wing as shown. Press the black nylon washer on with pliers.
- Insert the leading edge spar backwards so you can align the
- Apply hot glue the wing tip.
- Slide winglet over spar and align bottom edge, then firmly press together until
hot glue cools. Do both sides.
- Glue the sides on with medium CA.
Note: Rectangle opening goes on bottom.
- Glue the top and bottom with medium CA.
- Test fit the motor mount in the cut out in the rear of the plane.
- Apply medium CA to the motor mount where it will contact the plane. Do not us CA accelerator.
- Quickly and firmly push the mount in place. Do not hesitate as the CA may grab before the mount is properly set.
- Hot glue the pitot tube mount to the right side of the body. Do not glue
it to the wing top.
Note: Install Velcro hooks on the
airplane surfaces and Velcro loops on the components. That way you can easily swap damaged components or airframe.
Errata, kudos, firstname.lastname@example.org
Continue to UAV Mapper Electronics and Pixhawk Installation Guide >>